steal her style: kerry washington

kerryopen

Guys. We really need to talk. I am 100% officially addicted to Scandal. Warning: if you aren’t watching it, I might be judging you right now. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! Turn on your television now and catch up!

OK–now that I’ve composed myself, I can tell you all the reasons why I love it–mainly, because the gorgeous Kerry Washington is so. freakin. fabulous (oh, and there’s an amazingly addicting storyline). She plays Olivia Pope, a Washington D.C. “fixer” with a killer wardrobe and slightly famous boyfriend. Kerry’s style is flawless on-screen, but also off–this past year, she’s completely morphed in to the red carpet gal to watch, rocking everything from Vera Wang to Miu Miu. I swear every time I see shots of her, I do a little “sista killed it” shout. No judgements. Naturally, I’d love to be anything remotely like her (yes, I’m aware I’m creepily swooning over a girl crush. It’s Friday, let it happen.), so I’ve rounded up a few ways you can rock her style below.

outfit1

pants | jacket | tank | flats | ring

outfit2

spike ring | knuckle ring | dual ring | dress (love this one too) | booties (or these!) | clutch |

kerrymakeup1

bobbies | shadow | mascara | bb cream | cheek gelee | highlight | lipstick

Comments

1. withluckblog says

I love that first shot of her and could definitely find a few ways to use each of those pieces. I actually got rid of cable recently but this post is making me sad about it. I love getting addicted to new shows!

Jenn
    With Luck Blog

2. Maria says

We are OBSESSED with Kerry at PopSugar beauty. The woman can do no wrong in our eyes. I’m sharing this with my coworker Jessica. She’s going to die.

xx
    M

3. says

I don’t think this girl crush is creepy at all because I am *obsessed* with Kerry. Scandal is my favorite show (maybe tied with Revenge and Parks and Rec, since girlfriend needs comedies, too) and I think she’s so talented and gorgeous, plus I want to be best friends with Olivia. Anyway – I’ve been dying to try Josie Maran’s cheek stain so with your recommendation I’ll definitely be taking the leap! Have a great weekend!!

4. graceatwood says

This is my favorite series that you do, and I just love Kerry Washington! Scandal is the best!!!

5. says

totally totally agree! every time I see her…she nails it! and the show, well I am so addicted its scary. I’m about half way through season 2 and it just keeps getting better!

6. Lacey Garcia says

I love her style and she is so very pretty. She really has been rocking it lately on the red carpet. Also, I love this blog series.

7. says

I keep hearing amazing things about Scandal, but I’ve yet to watch it. You’ve convinced me I need to see it, so this weekend I’m going to play catch up!

8. Chelsie | Chelsie, Darling says

LOVE scandal. LOVE kerry washington. and LOVEEE the “sista killed it” phrase!

have a great weekend, alyssa! xx

9. fleurdelyss says

Omg, “sista killed it,” made me laugh! I feel like Kerry is FINALLY getting the style shine she deserves. Sh has always been one of my celeb style favorites. Especially loved your makeup picks!

10. says

I have such a lady crush on Kerry Washington, but I haven’t seen Scandal yet {I know, I know, I’m totally behind the times!}. Love her look and style – if she looks this fab in the show, I might need to start following along :)

Trackbacks